Yet Another TV Review Podcast

I write an occasional TV Review blog (Click Here) as time permits,
You can follow me on twitter (Click Here) and/or Facebook (Click Here).
And I've collected some of my old reviews into a book (lulu.com/Amazon.com/Amazon.co.uk).

The Sarah Connor Chronicles pilot review

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles


a woman fights to keep her son alive when killer robots come from the future to prevent him from fulfiling his destiny



Type of Pilot: action/adventure; sci-fi


Similar Shows: Well, it has actions scenes like 24, and it's got strong kick-ass women as the leads, like Alias, Buffy or Painkiller Jane, but it's really not anything like any of those. Hmm. Guess, it's a bit of an original beast. Nice.


The Inner Light: No one is ever safe.


Strengths: Great premise, great cast, great action sequences, the promise of interesting sub-plots.


Weaknesses: None that I can think of.


Impressive Characters: Cameron, the good Terminator


Impressive Actors: Summer Glau owns this show, she's great from start to finish.


Continuity: Looks like the show will have a few running sub-plots.


Rewatchability: Very rewatchable. Since I saw this pilot I've been waiting for a chance to watch it again.


Three Things I Really Like About This Pilot:


Summer Glau as the heroic Cameron. There's something cool about an apparently slight, and very hot, young woman beating the living crap out of killer robots twice her size.

I was very impressed by the pilot's ending, firstly because it hinted that a couple of dangling sub-plots will be followed up on.

And secondly for what actually happened. It was a cool ending to the pilot. Not 100% sure it made sense, really, but it was still cool.


Three Two Things I Really Don't Like About This Pilot:


The opening scene is a long dream sequence. I hate that!

The baddie didn't have much on-screen menace or charisma.



Miscellaneous Comments:


Not much to add. It's good, I want to see more.


GRADE: A+

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Summer Glau totally OWNS that show! There's just something about her that's just addicting. Mabee it's the fact that she's verry pretty,is a great actress, or that it's just awesome watching some hot girl beat the living crap out of people and macines twice her size.
I can't miss one episode!

Unknown said...

It's a totally wesome show, but so far, I've found season two a little less interesting. There's to much talk, not enough action. And Summer Glau has fewer kick-but scenes.

Ignoring Friday Night Lights renders the Emmy's meaningless.

The podcast's URL is View RSS XML Simply enter this url in your podcasting software of choice. Thanks!

A Briefing With Michael

Twitter Updates




    follow me on Twitter


    Yet Another Film Review Blog

    Yet Another TV Review Podcast

    Yet Another TV Wallpaper Blog