Yet Another TV Review Podcast

I write an occasional TV Review blog (Click Here) as time permits,
You can follow me on twitter (Click Here) and/or Facebook (Click Here).
And I've collected some of my old reviews into a book (lulu.com/Amazon.com/Amazon.co.uk).

Saving Grace

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Saving Grace


a tough cop has an invisible angel in tow



Type of Pilot: Cop Drama


Similar Shows: The Closer, Joan Of Arcadia, Book Of Daniel


The Inner Light: "The Closer With An Angel"


Strengths: Holly Hunter is a great lead.


Weaknesses: It's just "The Closer" with an angel. Is that enough to make me watch?


Impressive Characters: Grace Hanadarko. She's drinks. A lot. She sleeps around. A lot. She's doesn't respect authority, and she's a good cop. She's flawed, to say the least, but that makes her a great central character in a TV show.


Impressive Actors: Holly Hunter is great. So is Leon Rippy as the angel.


Less-Than-Impressive Characters: With the exception of the guy she's sleeping with, the rest of the guys in her squad get very little screen-time in the pilot


Less-Than-Impressive Actors: The pilot gives almost no screen time to Gregory Norman Cruz & Bailey Chase. Maybe that will change in future episodes.


Continuity: I presume the continuity will be minimal. This will probably be a case-driven show, like The Closer, and the continuity will come in terms of her personal life.


Rewatchability: Zero. I've seen the pilot. Time to move on. Maybe.


Three Things I Really Like About This Pilot:


Holly Hunter

Grace Hanadarko


Three Things I Really Don't Like About This Pilot:


It's just "The Closer with an angel"

It's just "The Closer with an angel"

It's just "The Closer with an angel"



Miscellaneous Comments:


I wasn't exactly blown away by this one.


GRADE: B+

No comments:

Ignoring Friday Night Lights renders the Emmy's meaningless.

The podcast's URL is View RSS XML Simply enter this url in your podcasting software of choice. Thanks!

A Briefing With Michael

Twitter Updates




    follow me on Twitter


    Yet Another Film Review Blog

    Yet Another TV Review Podcast

    Yet Another TV Wallpaper Blog